Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Finger"less" Momma!

Well, I guess I don't have enough going on in my life so I decided it was time, time to cut my finger tip off!!! Yep, that's right clean off. The vision that goes around in my head, often at night while "trying" to fall asleep, is a gruesome one. It makes my stomach churn just thinking about it. All in the name of hair. Contrary to what one might think, I did not do this little deed while "cutting" the actual hair, no no, that would be to boring of a story. I was opening a little squeeze bottle for a perm, and instead of finding a pin like you supposed to use, I was trying to stick the tip of one of my scissor blades into a tiny little hole! Well, lo and behold it slipped and kung-foo style, karate chopped my little buddy clean off. Luckily the ordeal didn't hurt one bit, in fact I probably wouldn't have even have known that it happened, but seeing the tip fall to the counter was confirmation that indeed I had become fingertipless!! What is so much worse than the fact that this is not fun, will be a long recovery and so annoying, is the fact that it's such a burden!! It's hard to work at home and in the salon and learning to re-cut hair using middle and ring finger is not my idea of reinventing a new "style"!!! Ugggg, oh well, for now, I look back and think well, I sure hope I won't do that again, but it's a perk that comes with the wonderful world of hair!





1 comment:

  1. You are giving me labor pains! I can't read this post anymore!

    ReplyDelete