Monday, June 7, 2010

Ryder's 1st Birthday


I cannot believe that it has nearly been one year since my little peanut entered this world! Not the prettiest birth ever, but beautiful to me! He wasn't the handsomest of fellas but he quickly stole the hearts of not only Mom and Dad, but Sister Gracie fell in deep! She has been the most awesomest ( I know it's not a word) Sissy a little man could ask for! She is helpful, kind, patient, loving and many more things that a little brother should be more than thankful for. I am so happy that their bond has turned out to be as so, and I couldn't imagine it any different. Hopefully as they grow, I can nurture that relationship and let it thrive!


When Gracie turned 1 I was very emotional and sad! I couldn't believe that my first born was making that bend between "baby" and toddler hood!!!! I remember grabbing her blankie to put in the wash and I just teared up! What a sap!!! I thought for sure with Ryder it would feel the same. However, not so much. While I'm yes, sad that he is turning into a toddling, energy filled, Boy, I don't feel the same sadness and emotion I felt with her. I think it quite possibly could be that he is a lot smaller thus staying more babyish than she. Could it be he's a boy and I want to see him grow into a fine young man where as I wish Gracie could be my baby girl forever? Who knows. But, I like it! I don't want to be sad for what was! I want to be happy, which I am. Happy that my little man is becoming himself. Happy that he is sleeping!!!! Happy that he is eating!!!!! (For questions on that see the post here) Happy that my family is for now complete and all we have is the world!!!! (Don't get too excited, no more babies, I just hate to say never, it's like bad Karma or something)!
Anyway, we are having the biggest 1st birthday ever seen here in Dublin on Sat. and I am so excited to be celebrating this little boy's life who has been such a blessing in mine. Love you Boy!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is ONE! Happy 1st birthday Ryder! Have a fun party on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe it. This time last year in was early in my pregnancy with Lily. Happy birthday big boy!! See you Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete