Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Peanut

Ryder had his 9 month Dr. appointment on Monday March 15, Auntie Amanda's Birthday!!!! Anyway, much to my assumption, he is a tiny little tot! While for his age in height he is average (32%) and his noggin circumference (44%), his weight is not matching up (.59%)! So, per Doc's requests, we are working on building my milk supply!!! What does this entail do you wonder?
-
Well even if you don't here it goes;
  • Get up, feed Ryder, pump,
  • Feed Ryder 2 hours later, pump,
  • Put Ryder down for nappy time,
  • Feed Ryder upon awakening, pump,
  • Feed Ryder 2 hours later, pump,
  • Put Ryder down for second nappy time,
  • Feed Ryder upon awakening, pump,
  • Feed Ryder 2 hours later, pump,
  • Pump one more time before drifting off to sleep until about 1:30a.m. when I feed Ryder
  • Around 6:30ish, wake to feed Ryder yet one more time and start all over!
-
This is just on the days when I'm home with him and I failed to mention all the other things I need to get done in between all that!!!! Things like grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, e-mails, breakfast, lunch and dinner for all 4 of us, etc. Sometimes I'm so thankful for work cause' it gives me a break from my "real" job!!!!! Pheeeewwwwww!!!!!
-
I'm exhausted just writing this, oh boy!!! The good news is that it's only for a week and then we will have him weighed at the 10 day mark (March 25) and see if all that effort did anything to bulk my peanut up! If not, we will have to resort to supplementing with formula, which don't get me wrong is not a big deal, just more time, money and effort, that I don't' have! Anywho, for now this is my life and what can you do but love it. I love spending so much quality time with my baby who despite what the Dr. says, is growing like a weed. I just love cherishing our time together as Mommy and Son, for I know these days of "baby" Ryder are soon coming to an end.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Michele! Though, I don't know, I wonder if the supplementing is really necessary if he is growing. Call me if you need to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I have a feeling he doesn't NEED more, but whatev. Thank you for being there, I might take you up on that : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I am so sorry you are dealing with this! As you know, Kate was REALLY tiny also & actually lost weight between 9 & 10 months old. We had a lot of tests done, etc. She is fine, just tiny. We had to do a lot of weight checks, etc. Yo baby yogurt & avacados helped her gain weight. At 3 years old, she still only weighs 26 pounds.

    ReplyDelete